What Would You Like to do?
Request a Lesson
Please note this is just a request. We will contact you within 48 hours to match you with an instructor and schedule your first lesson.
GWIF Lesson Program
GWIF’s horseback riding lessons are tailored to the growing rider. If you are tired of hearing the same, repetitive instructions or worse yet NO instructions, and you are yearning for more in depth knowledge, we are the place for you!
We also LOVE beginners, whom we enjoy teaching the correct basics from the start. We teach all age ranges, starting at 3 years old and going up, with special options for those 5 and under – please see Pony Pals option below. We also have a large adult amateur group in our barn family; EVERYONE is welcome in our lesson program!
Lessons range from learning to steer and basic horsemanship, to jumping courses, to mastering your dressage test. There is no screaming or berating! A positive atmosphere that encourages growth and exploration at your own pace.
Lessons are given in private, semi-private, or small groups, depending on the skill level and needs of each rider. Private lessons are 30 minutes and semi-privates/groups are 45 minutes to 1 hour. Riders are expected to catch, groom, and tack up their horse before their lesson begins, so we recommend arriving 15-20 minutes before your scheduled lesson time. If riders are not yet ready to perform those tasks on their own, we will assist them in learning those tasks as part of their lesson.
Lessons are offered individually, or you may purchase in packages for a discount. We reserve the best time slots and best pricing for our Committed Riders. Committed Riders enjoy confirmed time slots, priority horse assignments, opportunities to compete off the farm and much more! Email Halliea to find out how to become a Committed Rider!
Single Lesson $75
• Package of 4 Lessons¹ – $270 (10% off)
• Package of 8 Lessons¹ – $510 (15% off)
Committed Rider Program²
• Committed Rider 1x/week: $240/month (20% off)
• Committed Rider 2x/week: $420/month (30% off)
Single Lesson $85
• Package of 4 Lessons¹ – $306 (10% off)
• Package of 8 Lessons¹ – $578 (15% off)
(1) All lessons packages must be purchased in advance of the first lesson to receive the prorated price. Lessons not purchased in advance will be be billed at the single lesson rate. Lesson 4 packs expire 6 weeks after the date of purchase. Lesson 8 packs expire 9 weeks after the date of purchase.
(2) The Committed Rider Program is for customer that have signed our lesson commitment and pay in advance of the first of each month. All lessons to be used within 30-days of payment and in accordance with the signed Committed Rider Agreement. Cancellation requires 30 day notice, an administrative fee of $50 applies to turn off/turn on Committed Rider.
PLEASE NOTE: Committed Rider lessons will only be offered during the weekdays. If you are currently on a 2x/week Committed Rider who rides once on the weekend, and you elect not to reschedule your second lesson, you can choose to move to 1x/week Committed Rider in conjunction with the weekend package of lessons.
ASK US ABOUT OUR LEASING PROGRAM!